Website editor’s note: EMR Health and Safety, Christchurch have organised a public talk in Christchurch on Friday, 9 August, 2019 from 7.00 – 8.30 pm at Christchurch Rudolf Steiner School Hall, 19 Ombersley Terrace, Christchurch. For full details, please see below.
If you can help publicise this event by downloading the poster at the link below and printing it and putting it up on your work, community centre, library or church noticeboard etc. that would be appreciated by the team of volunteers who are organising this event. Thank you.
We are pleased to have the privilege of inviting you, your colleagues, family and friends, to a presentation covering one of the most pressing issues of our time: ‘screens’ and their effect on human health, wellbeing and behaviour.
“Children in the Screen Age”
Friday, 9 August, 2019 7.00 – 8.30 pm, Christchurch Rudolf Steiner School Hall
Presentation by Dr. Mary Redmayne
PhD, PG Dip.Teach., PG Dip Env. Stud., BA, Adjunct Research Associate, Victoria University, Wellington and Monash University Melbourne, Independent Researcher, Consultant, Wellington
- Media reporting on mobile phone safety is generally either alarmist or ‘no worries’. So what is a person to believe?
- Several areas of risk when using screens and how to handle them.
- A beginners guide will be given as to how devices work (transmitting microwaves), and some negative effects research has shown that they can have.
- 5G and the difference it is likely to make will also be briefly considered.
- Personal and environmental microwave exposure sources and basics of what increases/reduces the energy output of those devices and your level of exposure.
- Gaming and social networking are ringing alarm bells internationally, in light of links between heavy use and its impact on mental health, wellbeing and behaviour. The likely paths of effect will be explained as well as ways to minimize risk for young people (and their parents!).
- The talk aims to equip parents, teachers and others caring for infants through to teens for informed decision-making on staying healthy in the screen age. A guide on developing good user habits and family rules for screen devices will be presented.
Thirty minutes for Questions and Answers will follow the talk.
We attach herewith, a poster (with further information) promoting the above presentation. We would be pleased if you could print off a copy or two and place them in a prominent position at your work place or in a public place within your community. Also, your weekly/monthly newsletter would be a good way to reach your wider community.
(The Christchurch Rudolf Steiner School can be accessed in three ways: Ombersley Terrace, Fifield Terrace, Riverlaw Terrace behind the school (over footbridge). Parking will mostly be on the street, however Hansen Park does have some car parks.)
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Hosted by: EMR Health & Safety, Christchurch
NB: If you would like to be put in touch with this team, please email through this link with your name and phone number and a request to be connected with EMR Health & Safety, Christchurch and your details will be emailed to their contact person. Thank you.
Want to help stop 5G in NZ?
Please visit this link for suggestions for steps you can take to help: https://5g.org.nz/2019/04/20/what-you-can-do-to-help-keep-new-zealand-5g-free/ Thank you!
UPDATE: If you are on Facebook, please like and follow the new FB page https://www.facebook.com/5GFreeNewZealand/
Website editor’s note:
Thank you for reading this post on www.5G.org.nz, NZ’s 5G information website. If you found it to be interesting, please share it with your friends and family.
If you would like to help in any way with the campaign against 5G in NZ, please email through the Contact Form on this website.
There is a now Resources page on the site where you can download flyers and poster for printing and distribution and also download the new 5G Free New Zealand Personal Action Plan.
We now also have an Events Page in which events relating to 5G will be listed as information comes to hand.
If you would like to stay up to date with information on what is happening in NZ in relation to smart technology, 5G and wireless and health issues, please visit www.stopsmartmeters.org.nz and email through the contact form and ask to be signed up to the free email list.
This will mean that you receive occasional newsletters from Stop Smart Meters NZ which include information on 5G as well as smart meters and related wireless technologies.